Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seals @ the "Childrens Pool" La Jolla

BREEZY COOL DAY IN LA JOLLA, CALIFORNIA.... Home of the "CHILDREN'S POOL"... but the Seals have TAKEN OVER!!!
Just the other side of Seal beach aka Childrens Pool. Beautiful Ocean waters dancing!
splashing...
this little bird in the picture (center with head popped out of the water) was so fun to watch!
the little trooper. He would dive under water when a wave would come and pop up somewhere else!
look @ the water. Below I posted a video of how strong the water hits the jetty (which is where this bird was @ the time)
the Lone Seal atop the rocks @ Seal Beach
SpLaSh!!!
and of course, I couldn't go w/out my own picture being taken with the Seals :)
this rock is super cool. I was thinking it'd be fun to jump off of it, if there weren't rocks below!
this is I believe a GUITAR FISH which is really cool because we see these @ Sea World all the time, but NEVER in the ocean...
poser seals!
bird rock... lookie all that poo LOL... ewwww
what a cute little guy - probably mean as heck though!
how peaceful and cool is it to just have an area of seals to go peek @ anytime. Too bad there is a fight to get rid of the seals... WITH BARKING DOGS AT THAT.. How LAME!
THEY AREN'T BOTHERING ANYONE!!! - but apparently - people are (excuse the word) butthurt about it not being the "Childrens Pool" anymore. I wouldn't want my kids to swim there FIRST OF ALL.. but, secondly that will be a lot of clean up necessary and it will take away the Seals which I DONT WANT TO HAPPEN!!!these 2 guys in the middle were batting at each other - arguing it appears (below you can see it in the video) pretty funny (while it lasted anyway)
pretty isn't it!?
I really like this rock out in the middle

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what absolute fun. My favorite? The poser seals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberley

    Thanks for popping by our blog the other day.

    We have enjoyed watching the videos and looking at your photos of La Jolla. Our hooman is positively jealous and wishes so much to go there again. You are v lucky to have such a wonderful place so near to you.

    Molly and Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!!! Could you possibly mail me one? I have a big bathtub?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by